NOTES TO THE SELECTED HISTORICAL FINANCIAL AND OTHER DATA
(1) The ratio of earnings to fixed charges represents the number of times
fixed charges were covered by net income adjusted for provision (benefit)
for income taxes, equity in (loss) of unconsolidated entities, minority
interest in (loss) income of consolidated entity and fixed charges. Fixed
charges consist of interest expense, net and a portion of operating lease
rental expense deemed to be representative of the interest factor.
(2) The number of dwelling units in a particular community that management
estimates can be connected to our cable system.
(3) A home with one or more televisions connected to a cable system is counted
as one basic subscriber. Bulk accounts are included on an equivalent basic
by dividing the total monthly bill for the account by the basic monthly
charge for a single outlet in the area.
(4) Calculated as basic subscribers as a percentage of homes passed.
(5) Includes only single channel services offered for a monthly fee per
channel and does not include tiers of channels as a package for a single
monthly fee. A subscriber may purchase more than one premium service, each
of which is counted as a separate premium service unit.
(6) Calculated as premium units as a percentage of basic subscribers.
(7) Represents revenues during the respective period divided by the number of
months in the period divided by the average number of basic subscribers
(beginning of period plus end of period divided by two) for this period.