Print Page  Close Window

SEC Filings

S-1/A
CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, INC. /MO/ filed this Form S-1/A on 11/01/1999
Entire Document
 
<PAGE>   115
 
contribution to Charter Communications Holding Company at the closing of the
offering. He will pay a purchase price per membership unit equal to the net
initial public offering price per share. Mr. Allen owns 100% of the equity of
Vulcan Cable III Inc. Vulcan Cable III Inc. will have a 19.6% equity interest
and no voting rights in Charter Communications Holding Company.
 
   
     CHARTER INVESTMENT, INC. Mr. Allen owns approximately 96.8% of the
outstanding stock of Charter Investment, Inc. The remaining equity is owned by
our founders, Jerald L. Kent, Barry L. Babcock and Howard L. Wood. Charter
Investment, Inc. will have a 39.7% equity interest and no voting rights in
Charter Communications Holding Company.
    
 
     FORMER OWNERS OF FALCON AND BRESNAN. Under the terms of the pending Falcon
and Bresnan acquisitions, some of the sellers will receive or have the right to
receive a portion of their purchase price in Charter Communications Holding
Company common membership units rather than in cash. To the extent they receive
common membership units, they will be able to exchange these membership units
for shares of Class A common stock. These equity holders as a group will have a
9.7% equity interest and no voting rights in Charter Communications Holding
Company. Certain sellers under the Rifkin acquisition have received, at their
election, preferred membership units of Charter Communications Holding Company,
with an approximate value of $133.3 million.
 
   
     CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS HOLDING COMPANY, LLC. Charter Communications Holding
Company is the indirect owner of all of our cable systems. It is the direct
parent of Charter Holdings and will be the owner of the cable systems to be
acquired through four pending acquisitions: Avalon, Fanch, Falcon and Bresnan,
as described below. Charter Communications Holding Company has an option plan
permitting the issuance to employees and consultants of Charter Communications
Holding Company and its affiliates of options exercisable for up to 25,009,798
Charter Communications Holding Company membership units of which 9,206,281 are
outstanding. Membership units received upon exercise of these options will be
automatically exchanged for Class A common stock. Of these options, 65,000
options have vested and the remaining options will vest prior to April 2000. In
addition to options available for grant to our employees under Charter
Communications Holding Company's option plan, our chief executive officer has
options to purchase 7,044,127 Charter Communications Holding Company membership
units. Membership units received upon exercise of these options will be
exchangeable for Class A common stock. Of the options granted to our chief
executive officer, 25% are immediately exercisable and the remaining 75% will
vest in 36 equal monthly installments commencing on January 1, 2000.
    
 
     CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS HOLDING COMPANY'S PENDING ACQUISITIONS. Charter
Communications Holding Company is a party to agreements to acquire cable systems
or the companies owning cable systems from the owners of Avalon, Fanch, Falcon
and Bresnan.
 
     CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS HOLDINGS, LLC. Charter Holdings is a co-issuer with
Charter Communications Holdings Capital Corporation of $3.6 billion in principal
amount of notes sold in March 1999. Charter Holdings owns 100% of Charter
Operating.
 
                                       112