Accountants and statements and pronouncements of the Financial Accounting
Standards Board or in such other statements by such other entity as have been
approved by a significant segment of the accounting profession, which are in
effect on the Issue Date.
"Global Note Legend" means the legend set forth in Section 2.06(g)(ii),
which is required to be placed on all Global Notes issued under this Indenture.
"Global Notes" means, individually and collectively, each of the
Restricted Global Notes and the Unrestricted Global Notes.
"Government Securities" means direct obligations of, or obligations
guaranteed by, the United States of America, and the payment for which the
United States pledges its full faith and credit.
"Guarantee" or "guarantee" means a guarantee other than by endorsement of
negotiable instruments for collection in the ordinary course of business, direct
or indirect, in any manner including, without limitation, by way of a pledge of
assets or through letters of credit or reimbursement agreements in respect
thereof, of all or any part of any Indebtedness, measured as the lesser of the
aggregate outstanding amount of the Indebtedness so guaranteed and the face
amount of the Guarantee.
"Guarantor" has the meaning assigned to it in the preamble to this
"Hedging Obligations" means, with respect to any Person, the obligations
of such Person under:
(1) interest rate swap agreements, interest rate cap agreements and
interest rate collar agreements;
(2) interest rate option agreements, foreign currency exchange
agreements, foreign currency swap agreements; and
(3) other agreements or arrangements designed to protect such Person
against fluctuations in interest and currency exchange rates.
"Holder" means a holder of the Notes.
"Indebtedness" means, with respect to any specified Person, any
indebtedness of such Person, whether or not contingent:
(1) in respect of borrowed money;
(2) evidenced by bonds, notes, debentures or similar instruments or
letters of credit (or reimbursement agreements in respect thereof);
(3) in respect of banker's acceptances;
(4) representing Capital Lease Obligations;
(5) in respect of the balance deferred and unpaid of the purchase
price of any property, except any such balance that constitutes an accrued
expense or trade payable; or
(6) representing the notional amount of any Hedging Obligations,