|Print Page Close Window|
|CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, INC. /MO/ filed this Form 8-K on 10/20/2017|
Leverage Ratio means, as to the Company, as of any date, the ratio of:
(1) the Consolidated Indebtedness for borrowed money (less cash and Cash Equivalents that is unrestricted or is restricted in favor of holders of Indebtedness included in calculating Consolidated Indebtedness) of the Company on such date to
(2) the aggregate amount of Consolidated EBITDA for the Company for the most recently ended fiscal quarter for which internal financial statements are available multiplied by four (the Reference Period).
In addition to the foregoing, for purposes of this definition, Consolidated EBITDA shall be calculated on a pro forma basis after giving effect to:
(1) for purposes of making the computations referred to above, any Investments, acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, consolidations and disposed operations that have been made by the Issuers or any of their Restricted Subsidiaries, during the Reference Period or subsequent to such Reference Period and on or prior to the date of the calculation of the Leverage Ratio shall be calculated on a pro forma basis assuming that all such Investments, acquisitions, dispositions, mergers, consolidations and disposed or discontinued operations (and the change in Consolidated EBITDA resulting therefrom) had occurred on the first day of the Reference Period. If since the beginning of such period any Person that subsequently became a Restricted Subsidiary or was merged with or into any Issuer or any of their Restricted Subsidiaries since the beginning of such period shall have made any Investment, acquisition, disposition, merger, consolidation or disposed or discontinued operation that would have required adjustment pursuant to this definition, then the Leverage Ratio shall be calculated giving pro forma effect thereto for such period as if such Investment, acquisition, disposition, merger, consolidation or disposed operation had occurred at the beginning of the applicable Reference Period;
(2) the incurrence of the Indebtedness or the issuance of the Disqualified Stock or other Preferred Stock (and the application of the proceeds therefrom) giving rise to the need to make such calculation and any incurrence or issuance (and the application of the proceeds therefrom) or repayment of other Indebtedness, Disqualified Stock or Preferred Stock, other than the incurrence or repayment of Indebtedness for ordinary working capital purposes, at any time subsequent to the beginning of the Reference Period and on or prior to the date of determination, as if such incurrence (and the application of the proceeds thereof), or the repayment, as the case may be, occurred on the first day of the Reference Period; and
(3) for purposes of this definition, whenever pro forma effect is to be given to a transaction, the pro forma calculations shall be made in good faith by a responsible financial or chief accounting officer of either Issuer including cost savings and synergies; provided that (x) such cost savings and synergies are reasonably identifiable, reasonably attributable to the action specified and reasonably anticipated to result from such actions, and (y) such actions have been taken or initiated or are expected to be taken or initiated within twelve (12) months of the date of determination.