|Print Page Close Window|
|CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, INC. /MO/ filed this Form 8-K on 04/27/2016|
Section 4.11 Limitation on Asset Sales.
The Company shall not, and shall not permit any of its Restricted Subsidiaries to, consummate an Asset Sale unless:
(1) the Company or such Restricted Subsidiary receives consideration at the time of such Asset Sale at least equal to the fair market value of the assets or Equity Interests issued or sold or otherwise disposed of;
(2) such fair market value is determined by the Board of Directors of the Company; and
(3) at least 75% of the consideration therefor (including by way of relief from, or by any other Person assuming responsibility for, any liability, contingent or otherwise) received by the Company or such Restricted Subsidiary is in the form of cash, Cash Equivalents or readily marketable securities.
For purposes of this Section 4.11, each of the following shall be deemed to be cash:
(a) any liabilities (as shown on the Companys or such Restricted Subsidiarys most recent balance sheet) of the Company or any Restricted Subsidiary thereof (other than contingent liabilities and liabilities that are by their terms subordinated to the Notes) that are assumed by the transferee of any such assets pursuant to a customary novation agreement that releases the Company or such Restricted Subsidiary from further liability;
(b) any securities, notes or other obligations received by the Company or any such Restricted Subsidiary from such transferee that are converted by the recipient thereof into cash, Cash Equivalents or readily marketable securities within 180 days after receipt thereof (to the extent of the cash, Cash Equivalents or readily marketable securities received in that conversion);
(c) Productive Assets; and
(d) any Designated Noncash Consideration received by the Issuers or any Restricted Subsidiary in such Asset Sale having an aggregate fair market value, taken together with all other Designated Noncash Consideration received pursuant to this clause (d) that is at that time outstanding, not to exceed the greater of (i) $4.5 billion and (ii) 3.0% of Total Assets, with the fair market value of each item of Designated Noncash Consideration being measured at the time received and without giving effect to subsequent changes in value.
Within 365 days after the receipt of any Net Proceeds from an Asset Sale, the Company or a Restricted Subsidiary thereof may apply such Net Proceeds at its option:
(1) to repay or otherwise retire debt under the Credit Facilities or any other Indebtedness of the Restricted Subsidiaries of the Company (other than Indebtedness represented solely by a guarantee of a Restricted Subsidiary of the Company); or
(2) to invest in Productive Assets; provided that any such amount of Net Proceeds which the Company or a Restricted Subsidiary thereof has committed to invest in Productive Assets within 365 days of the applicable Asset Sale may be invested in Productive Assets within two years of such Asset Sale.