|Print Page Close Window|
|CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS, INC. /MO/ filed this Form 425 on 11/25/2015|
(x) as a contribution to the common equity capital or from the issue or sale of Equity Interests (other than Disqualified Stock and other than issuances or sales to a Subsidiary of the Company) of any Parent or the Company from and after April 1, 2010, or
(y) from the issue or sale of Disqualified Stock, debt securities or other Indebtedness of the Company that has been converted into or exchanged for such Equity Interests (other than Equity Interests (or Disqualified Stock, debt securities or other Indebtedness) sold to a Subsidiary of the Company).
Cash Equivalents means:
(1) United States dollars;
(2) securities issued or directly and fully guaranteed or insured by the United States government or any agency or instrumentality thereof (provided that the full faith and credit of the United States is pledged in support thereof) having maturities of not more than twelve months from the date of acquisition;
(3) certificates of deposit and eurodollar time deposits with maturities of twelve months or less from the date of acquisition, bankers acceptances with maturities not exceeding six months and overnight bank deposits, in each case, with any domestic commercial bank having combined capital and surplus in excess of $500 million and a Thomson BankWatch Rating at the time of acquisition of B or better;
(4) repurchase obligations with a term of not more than seven days for underlying securities of the types described in clauses (2) and (3) above entered into with any financial institution meeting the qualifications specified in clause (3) above;
(5) commercial paper having a rating at the time of acquisition of at least P-1 from Moodys or at least A-1 from S&P and in each case maturing within twelve months after the date of acquisition;
(6) corporate debt obligations maturing within twelve months after the date of acquisition thereof, rated at the time of acquisition at least Aaa or P-1 by Moodys or AAA or A-1 by S&P;
(7) auction-rate Preferred Stocks of any corporation maturing not later than 90 days after the date of acquisition thereof, rated at the time of acquisition at least Aaa by Moodys or AAA by S&P;
(8) securities issued by any state, commonwealth or territory of the United States, or by any political subdivision or taxing authority thereof, maturing not later than six months after the date of acquisition thereof, rated at the time of acquisition at least A by Moodys or S&P; and
(9) money market or mutual funds at least 90% of the assets of which constitute Cash Equivalents of the kinds described in clauses (1) through (8) of this definition.